Let October DEI events be the gateway for mental and physical health discourse, celebrating the progress toward LGBTQ+ rights worldwide and empowering women for better outcomes. Build a work environment that supports and empowers your employees' collective and holistic growth.
What is the month of October dedicated to?
World Mental Health Day
The day offers a chance to promote open dialogue and increase knowledge of the resources and support available for mental health, both inside and outside organizations.
LGBTQIA+ History Month
It is critical that LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged and offered equitable treatment at work. Ensure everyone in your office has a supportive environment and a secure workplace daily. Raise awareness and advance equity with LGBTQIA+ History Month workplace activities.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Breast cancer survival rates have increased as a result of early detection and advancements in therapy. Promote the benefits of routine screening and provide cancer risk education to employees this month to improve their well-being and health. Spread awareness about breast cancer at your workplace and your local community with Goodera through Breast Cancer Awareness Month activities.
Here are more upcoming DE&I campaigns in October:
- International Day of the Girl Child
- International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Employees can express their creativity and socialize with coworkers they might not ordinarily work closely with during Halloween! When coworkers get together to celebrate and have fun, it can foster a sense of camaraderie in the company.
Diversity Activities for October
Here are some fun and impactful activities DE&I teams can organize to celebrate this diversity month:
- Host a town hall meeting and request employees to share their thoughts on what an inclusive workplace means to them. Making room for your team to express their genuine opinions will help them feel seen, heard, and valued.
- Choose a charity that mirrors some DE&I values important to your company and donate as a team! You can also pledge to match employee donations to a particular amount and inform employees about the effort to encourage them.
- On employee birthdays, gift them something local! Give them a small gift or a gift card from a local queer or POC-owned company. This is a great way to give back to your community and reward your staff with a unique incentive.
Need help executing these activities? <rte-link_business-popup>Talk to an expert<rte-link_business-popup> from Goodera.