An Anniversary Campaign to engage 1000+ volunteers, across 13 countries
Kyndryl has offices and employees in more than 20 countries across the globe. Vetting non-profits and organizing activities in diverse countries for causes close to employee communities was the primary task for Goodera.
We worked closely with our Non-Profit network to deliver the same Goodera experience to employees working out of the United States, India, Ireland, or the UK. The result was a volunteering campaign spanning 13 countries, with more than 1000 volunteers, over 5 weeks.
Building a global volunteering program with 30+ Non-Profits impacted by 40+ in-person and virtual activities
1. Sourcing activities close to employee communities
One of the requirements that were important for Kyndryl was volunteering to impact employee communities. Goodera took this on to source activities for a diverse range of cause areas and beneficiaries. Our activities included:
- Making Career Readiness Kits for youth from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Creating Tactile Learning Cards for students with disabilities
- Career Readiness Workshops for youth from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Creating Braille Cards for people with vision impairment or low vision
- Recording audiobooks
- Neighbourhood Cleanup
Kyndryl employees are spread across the globe. To ensure a great experience for all volunteers, Goodera organized 44 volunteering activities over a period of 5 weeks. These included:
23 in-person activities
21 virtual activities
2. Selecting and Vetting Non-Profits
Kyndryl was able to access Goodera’s network of more than 50,000 vetted global nonprofits and select the ones that integrated the best with their program. 34 Non-profits from 13 countries including Mexico, Costa Rica, Argentina, Brazil, the UK, Ireland, Scotland, the USA, Singapore, India, Portugal, Poland, and Spain participated in the campaign.
3. Designing the engagement
To bring the campaign together Goodera armed the Kyndryl team with:
- Flyers about the campaign
- NPO introduction
- A “Know Before You Go” manual for volunteers that consisted of information about:
→ The cause area
→ The non-profit
→ The activity
- Goodera Ambassadors to host events and conduct icebreakers and challenges during the event to help employees in getting to know each other and collaborate better.
- Impact mailers
- Recap Videos
About Nonprofits and beneficiaries
Instruction manual for every activity
Over a five-week-long engagement, Kyndryl employees in 13 countries volunteered to impact over 700 beneficiaries across cause areas with these results: